I Tried to sleep without writing, But Dad above won't let me because He knows that many will be blessed by this post.
People ask me all the time how do I manage to work on a lot of things at the same time. I always answer with, "I am a gifted OC Multi-tasker" and they will ask a follow up question of how will they discover and develop the gifts God has given them. Here are a few helpful steps that I've discovered:
1. Focus on the strengths God gave you. Concentrating on your strengths will help you fulfill the calling God has put on your life. It is hard to work on something if you can't focus doing it.
2. Exercise your gift. Find something you like to do and that you do well, and do it over and over again. They say that for you to master your skill you have to be able to do it for a total number of 10,000 hours. Want to know what will happen after? You will feel better about yourself because you won't be constantly failing.
3. Have the courage to be different. Unhappiness comes when you try to be like everyone else rather than embracing the unique person that you are. Let's not follow the crowd but be someone of our own. Remember, we are created uniquely in His image and likeness.
4. Learn to cope with criticism. Have enough confidence in who you are in Christ that you can listen to others and be open to change without feeling you have to agree with their viewpoint or attain their approval. I use criticism as my motivation to be better, wiser and stronger. I am stronger now because of the criticism I encountered. When someone said harsh things to you, it's okay. Don't take it personally. Nothing is wrong with you but rather something is wrong with them.
5. Pour your heart out. In everything wr do, it should always come from our heart. Do it for love, out of love and for God's glory.
God has planted greatness in you. Let today be the beginning of a great adventure as you step into the gifts He's given you.
God, I want to cultivate and develop the gifts You've given me. Give me the courage to follow You and develop the gifts and abilities You've put inside me.